No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Jesus was born. And so I get presents.

Okay, I'm not sure how this happened, but I've been hit hard with holiday spirit. Last night I whipped out the menorah and played some Chanukah songs and a couple Christmas songs and now all I want to do is decorate, bake, and shop.

I celebrate commercial Christmas. Being a Jew and all, I have no consumerism guilt. I figure I don't believe in Jesus, but man do I believe in Santa so why not? I've already set a date for my Chanukah party and within five minutes it went from small dinner party, to inviting twenty-five people over. Latkes for some, miniature Israeli flags for others.

Today I even went to the mall. The MALL! I bought some stuff at the dollar store to decorate with and I basically had to drag myself out of Zellers before I bought Christmas hairbands. Oh they had good ones with antlers and lights, and big puffy Christmas trees. Oh man. And I'm all jittery right now because I decided to compare the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte and the Second Cup Gingerbread Latte. Second Cup wins by far.

I think what put it over the top was the snowfall this afternoon. I went into my class and when I left the ground was covered in lasting snow and big fat snowflakes were falling. So now I'm sitting here listening to the South Park Christmas Album, a true classic. Oh I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home