No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I AM QUEER.

In case there was ever any confusion, I identify as queer. I am not gay, I am not bisexual, I am not heterosexual, I am queer. I've never really made a big deal out of this with my family because I don't really think that it matters, and I'm pretty sure that most of my friends are aware. I'm queer. I've always been queer without the word to fit it. Back in grade eight when my aunt told me that my mom thought I was a lesbian I kind of decided that I didn't need to make an issue out of it because she seemed to have made her own assumptions already. For those of you who are not aware, queer does not mean gay, or "homosexual" (bleh). Here is my current working definition:

QUEER: A political being who transcends societies implied heteronormative standards and restrictions of gender, sex and relationships.

This means that I am gender-positive, sex positive, and just a little kinky. And I do it all joyously to piss off the man. So really the fact that I'm a queer woman in a relationship with a man isn't all that confusing.

Thank you for your time, and good luck with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home