No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

why can't every man and woman call themselves a feminist... out of respect. -ani d

Sometimes this feminism game... I just don't know. I sit there and I explain something totally reasonable and logical and everyone holds their breath and looks at me like I'm damned insane. And then I start questioning myself. How the damn hell does that make sense? All I'm trying to do is through some ideas out there, to make people think about things that may not be in front of them. This is how I'm an advocate for myself and others. I just trust too much that people are inherently striving to challenge themselves and question their privilege... though even as I'm writing it down I know that is ludicrously idealistic. Then when they respond with silence I panic. I feel like I'm wrong, or like maybe I'm not making sense, and that perhaps I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing. Today I had to fight the urge to get up and leave. Is this feeling, this constant struggle against logic going to last as long as I continue to identify and speak out as a feminist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home