No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

He is as the French say... Ma Boifriend

Well. It's April 17th. Time is slipping away. I'm heading towards my last three exams of second year, and In less than two weeks I'll officially be a Torontorusk once more. No more posing as a Guel-jiver. I haven't posted in a bit because I ended up doing a fairly quick and dirty trip to Toronto on Friday. So yes.

Thursday we had the Jews over to watch Hebrew Hammer which was enjoyed by all. Not so much because it is a brilliant film, but that what they were trying to do is totally up my comedic alley and I like that. And frankly I love the Jews.

In a late night conversations Steve ended up convincing me to wake up Friday morning and get on a bus to Toronto. It was good to have an hour where I had nothing to do but read the Amber Spyglass. It's like me almost-done-the-semester treat. I'm about a hundred pages in and it's getting exciting. I spent Friday night out with Steve and his friends which was fun. I heard the word kyke used in a derrogatory sense for the first time ever and got sufficiently upset. I wish I had hit harder though.

It was one of those moments where it all became clear that I'm leaving my bubble of Guelph where all my friends are anti-oppression type feminists and heading into a world where it's my job to stand up alone for what I believe in. I suppose this is part of what they mean by university preparing you for the real world. It scares me though. I guess I just have to learn how to bring my own politics to my at-home friendships that have been relatively dormant over the school year.

Things are going relatively well right now. It's always that pending change that feels daunting and scary until it happens, and you deal with it. I solidified my job for May and June, and now I'm working on the rest of the summer. By Friday I will be done second year. Yowzas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Amber Spyglass! Yay Gueljiver (no hyphen)!

-T.c

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home