No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Friday, December 30, 2005

6000 beads later...

I strung up my last bead today. Holy hell that took a long time. It was kind of sad sliding my keys under the door and walking away from the studio, but I'm glad. When it goes up in February I'm taking every one of you to stare up at this installation that I've worked my ass off on since May. Awesome.

I was listening to CBC all day today and I heard the song "What are you doing New Years" and burst out laughing. You see, my dear friend Macelod used to pick up our rat Fatty Von Testiclites and dance with him around the livingroom singing "What is rat doing New Years". Hilarious. So I missed Macelod and giggled at her ridiculousness, and also hoped that our rat (who is now running free in the woods of Silver Lake) is planning to have a good New Years.

I myself take the Matt Brown approach to New Years. I just can't put too much stock in the whole thing. Last year I spent the first ten minutes of 2005 watching two guys pound the hell out of each other on the lawn of a frat house I deemed the place feminism went to die. This year I'm hoping for more quiet gatherings of friends, but it's just a night. I'm going to try to see my traditional New Years friends during the day tomorrow, so there's no pressure for the night. Bah. Breathing through the pressure. At least I can let go of the beads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home