No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Guelph Toronto Montreal Montreal Montreal Toronto Guelph

So bodily and emotionally tired! I arrived back in Guelph this morning and lugged my giant bag around all day until I collapsed on the floor bed for some unsatisfying napping. This weekend was so bizarre. There was a lot of feeling trapped and confused and angry at myself and just generally exhausted. The best parts included participating in a bilingual yoga class where I decided that my French is still good enough that I could teach a yoga class. The class was at the Y and there was a three year old's birthday party going on in the next room, so as we were all in final relaxation all we could hear was the peircing shriek of a small boy singing "Bonne Fete" (excuse my incompetance... I don't know how to make accents appear on my keyboard... I used to just pen them in after I printed). It was hilarious. No chiming meditation bells, but hilarious!

The other good part was going to see the McGill production of Little Shop of Horrors. I LOVE that musical. And Seymore and Audrey were amazing. Better than I expected for a student production. The voice of Audrey two was a little unfortunate, but all in all it was a solid and enjoyable production. Especially when going with the expectations brought down by Guelph's production of Cabaret four years ago.

Otherwise it was a rather strange weekend and it left me feeling generally unsettled and tired. I snuck in a good night with Steve last night which is incredibly helpful for my sanity. I feel like I'm counting down the days to my next trip to Toronto, which is hard when I think it might have to be two weeks from now.

Tomorrow my day is pretty much insane. I have absolutely no breaks from 11:30am to 8:30pm. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off, especially without buying food. I have to top off my meal card! Anyway, send me happy thoughts. Especially since I'm coming home to write an assignment. Ow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home