No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Feminist Shit Disturbing is Necessary... but It Hurts my Stomach

Sleepy, dased and sore-throated. I did nothing this week in accordance to my MS letter that says I'm not supposed to do anything for the next 2-3 weeks (which is virtually impossible), but yeah.

Thanks to the magic of cranio-sacral therapy my eye is almost completely better and my numbness is gone. Suck on that MS. I'm heading home on the next greyhound for a weekend of bar mitzvah fun. I'm generally nervous and uprepared, but that's the them of this semester apparently. I need to crank out at least two papers this weekend. It is very necessary.

I generally feel like I'm drifting right now, which is only really a problem when I have to be responsible for things. I had terrible nightmares last night about being raped on a beach and being screamed at by my partner for it and him generally not believing me as I had an anxiety attack. Can you have attacks in your sleep? It felt really real.

There's all kinds of awesome scandal in the Goo right now, but among all of that my week was brightened by some creative geniuses who took painting the cannon to a new level of brilliance. (It's a Guelph tradition to paint the canon in the main area of campus in the wee hours of the morning and then guard it until dawn). Usually the cannon is painted with stupid things like "Mike rocks", "Prairie 4 FR", or "Steph will you marry me?", but on occaision the cannon is transformed. Last week someone covered the cannon clover cut-outs and built a cardboard rainbow that came out of the end and into a pot of gold, that was the best one I had seen all year, until yesterday. Someone painted the cannon beige, attached a black boa of pubic hair and built some weighty testicles on either side and then took some very special steps.

Step One: They cut a hole in a box
Step Two: They put that junk in that box

That's right, these artistes built a gigantic Dick in a Box with a fridge box wrapped in blue with a bow on top. By the time I went home to get my camera it was dismantled by the Man. Seriously, that's what cannon painting is all about. Cudos to you early risers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

AW FUCK!!! Somebody has got to have a picture!!!!

4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home