No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under't" Macbeth 1.5.75

My favourite Shakespeare line, and really my favourite communications tactic. I spent all day as the innocent flower preparing arguments and managing accusations. I calmed others, and got them all floralled up and ready to smile pretty as we watched our backs... and then I failed. I cried and I panicked and I burned out. I spent four hours straight in meetings and explanations, in preperations, and in carefully worded communications. And then I had to stop. I thought I would be okay and pull myself together, but I couldn't. I was supposed to be a strong voice tonight and instead I'm at home quietly coiled up. I was supposed to be a leader, especially after leading all day today, and I let my group down. I just disappeared and cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home