No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bye Bye Birdie

Last night I was up until 4am. I imagine it was exam stress and presentation stress but of course I heaped on all kinds of of other neurotic panics. Oh well. I was sleepy this morning, logically but I had a lovely morning filled with a little Grey's, some breakfast, studying and a shower. It was raining when I left, but it felt kind of good. It was a Led Zepplin rain day. I listened to "That's the Way" a few times, followed by a little "Rain Song". It was satisfying.

When I got to the bus stop I had another dead bird encounter. I'm sure I've documented the dead birds that have been following me for the last two years or so, and it's been incredibly disturbing. This bird was very bizarre. I think it was a common Grackle (I looked it up), it was black and about the size of my hand. It was lying stiff with it's eyes closed and it's feet clasped around a six inch twig. It looked as though the twig snapped off and the bird just didn't let go. How could this have happened? Struck by lightening maybe?

I haven't had a dead bird encounter in months and I kind of thought it was over. Nope. I guess I need to keep working on it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home