No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Double Bacon Geniusburger, and Just a Little Drunk

Ah home again. Christmas in my house was drastically altered last year as it was the first time that we didn't go to my grandfather's house (he moved out). After spending every Christmas of my life there, all of my memories and traditions are all wrapped up in the norm of grandad's house. I had it down like clockwork. I like things to stay the same. I maintained my traditions and basically freaked out if they were altered.

Now everything has changed and I'm more indifferent than ever. It's really strange. Creating traditions is a tough business. This year is even more whacked because my mom is in Mexico until Christmas day. So far the newest traditions seems to be "create a big disgusting mess in the house and get Bex to clean it up after exams". Yup. This was continued with the tradition of "get Bex to take the Christmas stuff out and trim the tree by herself". Also with the "eat only take out because Bex refuses to clean a kitchen that became unliveable before she came home". Bah.

Otherwise, the shopping is going okay. As per usual I'm spending too much money and am completely unsure of which family members I'm really responsible for buying things for. Yikes. Tomorrow I'm off to the bank to get my first credit card (yikes! Internet and hotel rooms here I come!)

So far I'm having a better holiday though as I am not debilitatingly depressed this year. I'm getting prepared to embark on visiting friends and on Wednesday, my one day of work at the childcare! We're going to Castle Loma to see Santa! What could be better than a bus full of three to five year olds!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI!!!
I MISS YOU! it sounds like your new "traditions" are a little stressful. Next time, you call me and I will help you decorate the tree and for you, I'll clean stuff, but only for you and maybe God. The house seemed very empty without you and TJ. Luckily, sort of, I was at OPIRG for about 14 hours on Sat. so I only came home for like an hour and Sylva was with me. We had a good night at the Albion but were all very tired. B-dot is good, yet not half as entertaining as Guelphtown. My mother is on a crusade to get Em and I "nice clothes" for an upcoming wedding. Seriously, she is like a womyn possessed. ok, i have to go practise my guitar now. Rod fixed up the first guitar he ever made for me, so now I can bring it home and you'll have to put up with my noodling on the gee-tar for hours.
But seriously folks, I miss you something awful and hope you are happy right now. I love you and will probably call you tomorrow.
bye, bye! Jess

11:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home