No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I Identify as a Blog

I just came back from a Visioning meeting for the Women's Resource Centre on campus and one of the topics we discussed was a name change to be more trans-inclusive. So I came up with "The Women And Transfolk Resource Centre", or TWAT Centre. I thought it was good. But it doesn't acknowledge that some transfolk identify as women, so it's still exclusionary. So then I thought, "The Women And Trans F to M Centre" (Female to Male), or TWAT FM. I thought we could have a radio jingle to go with it. But no, not good enough.

So then I thought since the WRC is in a little alcove, or crevice in the University Centre that it could be the "Anti-Patriarchy Crevice" with the tag line "Don't stick your tool of patriarchy up my bum!". I thought this was perfect because everyone has a bum no matter how you identify! There was a lot of laughter, but the names didn't fly. One day they'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home