No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Jew Dice

Exam weeks are a beautiful thing. They are something about school that I will sorely miss when I'm done. They're just these magical weeks where you don't have to be anywhere except during five little two hour windows interspersed over 14 days. You intend to learn, but there are so many other things to do!

Exam weeks give you liscense to do all the things you couldn't do during the semester like have parties, go to bars, grocery shop when you can't sleep, bake cookies, clean, and watch a ridiculous amount of television. They are the only weeks where staying up until four and sleeping until two don't seem like a problem, and you can stay inside all day and not feel all logey.

As my exam weeks come to an end I'm incredibly satisfied with how they were spent and what I have accomplished. I'm hoping my marks aren't too horrendous. I walked out of Shaky-Con (Shakespearean Contexts) tonight feeling like my marks may not be perfect, but man did I read a lot of Shakespeare. That's more Shakespeare than I read last semester!

I just finished cleaning my room (as to impress my little brother tomorrow, and later on, my Phantom). I still have a lot of decorating to do. I have a stack of pictures to put up, and a few posters at home that I still need to bring, but I'm on my way. A little more furniture would do me good.

So it's twenty after three in the a.m. and I've just finished wrapping presents for the ladies of the Box. Jess has hiring comitee tomorrow morning at 8:30am so we're getting up at seven to make waffles with whipped cream, strawberries and kiwi, open presents and have ourselves a little Christmas morning. It seems I'll be having many alternative Christmases this season. There's one in particular I'm looking forward to most.

Too bad everything costs money though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home