No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Gotta Knuckle Down and Just be Okay with This

Waiting. Waiting to get better, waiting for test results, waiting for tomorrow. The word of the day is waiting. I don't want to go to school. I feel exhausted and heavy and sad. As soon as I leave the house I have a solid amount of work to get through. I meant to work this morning, but instead I couldn't get out of bed. So having a shower was actually a great accomplishment.

I'm aiming to leave in 24 minutes. But I don't want to. It's all about will power. I got some things done last night, just not enough. I was preoccupied with doctor stuff and dizziness and I'm finding it's harder to focus when the room is spinning and your ass is vibrating.

I finished reading Charlotte's Web for my Children's Lit. class last night. At the risk of sounding cliche that's one excellent book. I think it was my third or fourth reading of it. I haven't read it since I was about nine, and it was really nice. Just comforting and warm and nice. In all my attempts to become an adult reader, I feel like I've neglected all the books that I loved as a child. I've left them as children's litterature, and I just haven't re-read them because that was a part of my childhood. I've recently decided that that's really dumb. Why not escape back to my favourite books? They don't take long to read and they make me happy. I feel like this Children's Lit. course is going to save me this semester. Though it is week four and I'm still on top of all of my reading, which is pretty amazing.

As per usual the end of Charlotte's Web made me cry (but only when I read it out loud to T.J.) and it made me miss a lot of people. That is one effective novel.

"It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lone Ranger said...

I'm afraid you can't just cut certain carbs out of your diet and expect results. You have to pick a plan and follow its rules. Here's a really good site that will help you choose one.

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynn82000/Newbiepage.html

Here's another site where you can poke around and ask some questions. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/

And here's a recipe site, where you can see just how well you can eat and still cut carbs.

http://www.stoky.net/bruce/recipes.html

I personally chose Atkins six years ago and lost 80 pounds in six months. Not only that, my blood pressure and cholesterol went down, I went off my hypertension, cholesterol and diabetes meds, my energy went through the roof. My skin and hair are better, I look years younger, even the arthritis I used to have in my hands is gone. I'm convinced that if I'd started eating like this 20 years ago, I wouldn't have any health problems today. By the way, I've been tested and my arteries are clean as a whistle. Take a look.

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

Thanks, but I'm not so much looking for weight loss as I'm looking for figuring out what's wrong with me. My diet has cut major allergens in the hopes that I'll figure out if there is a food imbalance causing all of my health problems. This is by the recommendation of a homeopath. I'm not cutting carbs because I can still eat rice and potatoes, and basically anything wheat, sugar and dairy free. This isn't a diet by choice, it's a diet by panic. We'll see what happens.

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home