No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

The place where anything can happen...

I LOVE Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I have always loved Pee-Wee. As a kid my Zaida used to tape episodes for me. It's funny when someone dies the wierd things you want that you feel like you can only have had from that person. I wanted Pee-Wee, mini- marshmallow ice cream cones, and to play with my glo worms. Well I got my ice cream cones, and a few months ago I bought my Pee-Wee dvds, and this week I've signed up for an ebay account to find some glo worms, so I'm getting there.

Just this week my house has been into watching Pee-Wee with me. I'm going to watch it with my kids. It's brilliant. It's interactive, it's fun, it's insane. It blurs gender lines and the distinction between adult and child. I think it provides the most realistic portrayal of what adults who work with children are actually like. Everyone I've encountered who works with kids has some sort of quirk to them. They speak in double-entendres and they have these psychedelic tendencies. That is the definition of Pee-Wee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home