No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Trump Up the Jam

Long day. I can't imagine this post will be coherent at all, but have fun. Since I stayed up all night on Tuesday I've been existing in a weird state. I suppose that's to be expected. Since I woke up on Tuesday morning I've slept for a total of seven hours, all broken up. It's twenty to one now and I just don't want to sleep. Is there a such thing as sleep bulimia? I'm definitely not awake because I have to be, I'm awake because I don't want to let myself sleep. That's gotta be a disorder. I'm moving in and out of crying and hysterical sadness and sheer giddy giggling right now, but I've definitely been getting things done.

Since satying up all night I've built a coat rack/shelf, done dishes, made a stirfry, wrote a handout about anal sex, prepared a presentation on anal sex, read two stories and commented on them, went to class, did a presentation on anal sex, belly danced, and had a WRC meeting. That's not too shabby. No time to write off time.

So I'm mentally preparing myself for next week's MS consultation. I don't think I have it. I don't know. I've been thinking about those long lists of birth control side effects and wondering whether maybe those hormones have something to do with it. Dizziness and numbness are both on the list, but they are in relation to a stroke and I don't think I'm having a stroke. But it's the only medication I'm taking. It doesn't explain all the brain legions though. Tomorrow there will be calls to pharmacists.

I'm spending the weekend in Guelph to hopefully get some work done and to relax a little. I don't know if it will work, but I'll try. That's a lie I might not try at all. I might just continue to deprive myself of sleep by watching hours of mind-numbing television. It's feeling sadistically good at the moment. It didn't feel so good this morning, but I don't have to worry about that until tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I don't know what I'd do without the nightly, post-midnight Bex blog. It's my bedtime story, every single night.

I know you're all tired and shit but as bizarre, meaningless sentences go, "No time to write off time" takes the taco, my friend. I'm a bit sleepy myself but I've spent ten minutes trying to figure out what that might even be in reference to, and the process has been endlessly rewarding.

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

I actually felt vaguely poetic when I wrote that in, so I left it. It's sort of a nonsensical way of saying that I'm too busy to write off an entire day just because I didn't sleep enough. TJ wrote about the day after staying up to late being a write off. There's no time for that for me. I liked the strangeness of the sentence too much to change it.

12:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home