No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

MB-day '06!

On this, the thirtieth birthday of the Matt Brown, I have bombarded him with 30 e-mails proclaiming 30 reasons why I love him. I'm posting it on the old blog so that everyone can take a moment and send some love vibes to our dear friend Matt Brown. I also like to throw things like this out there every once in awhile just to confuse Matt's friends who think we have some sort of secret and almost incestuous love going on. See you all at the partay! Yar.

1. I love Matt Brown's ability to be incredibly loud for comedic affect. Especially on the street or in particularly close quarters with strangers. It challenges me to relax a little and to really not care what people think (even though I always pretend to not care what people think).

2. I love/lobe Matt Brown's fuzzy tummy when it is accidentally exposed in yoga. And the disgusted look he gives me when I want to touch it.

3. I love that Matt Brown changes his hair extremely for halloween costumes.

4. I love that Matt Brown smells his action figures when he takes them out of the package.

5. I love that Matt Brown has matter-of-fact conversations with small children. Especially in toys R us. ("Do you even know who Obi Wan is?")

6. I love Matt Brown because he's one of the bravest people I know and he doesn't even know it. Especially in social situations.

7. I love Matt Brown because he's one of my only friends who has cared enough to come visit me in Guelph. (And on multiple occaisions!)

8. I love Matt Brown because he makes the best damn guacamole in the world. And his rockamole is pretty good too.

9. I love Matt Brown because he dresses up with me for Harry Potter events and gets as excited as I do.

10. I love Matt Brown because he knows how often I check his blog and is still my friend.

11. I love Matt Brown because he buys/lends me books he thinks I will like. And he's right.

12. I love Matt Brown because he edits my papers at the last minute and makes sure I'm not writing like yoda.

13. I love Matt Brown because even though he has a day job, he is more committed than anyone I know to maintaining his creative sanity. He doesn't just think about writing or film-making, he actually sits down and does it.

14. I love Matt Brown because he understands documenting ones own life.

15. I love Matt Brown because he uses the terms penis and vagina when referring to genitals, and plans to do so with his children.

16. I love Matt Brown because he e-mails me excitedly during TIFF to tell me about movies I HAVE to see. And I get excited just hearing about them.

17. I love when Matt Brown reacts to my crying. The hitting and yelling is good, but especially when he gets that little tinge of "it's okay" in his voice and I know that he cares that I'm sad, and that I'm not entirely ridiculous.

18. I love that Matt Brown and I have words and phrases that stick like "yoga yes", and "What-a-bagel!".

19. I love Matt Brown's real laugh, and how satisfying it is when it's your joke that makes his real laugh come out.

20. I love Matt Brown's appreciation of the fall.

21. I love when Matt Brown writes poetical blogposts about skin, touching, and sex. Especially when they're positive.

22. I love that Matt Brown reads to learn, and posts on his blog what he is "currently enreadulating".

23. I love that Matt Brown is an advocate for women and a feminist. I love that he's not afraid to get into tough or controversial discussions with people he cares about, or even strangers.

24. I love Matt Brown for the moments we've had together involving ice cream and french fries. They were real, and sickening, and sad, and delicious, and important.

25. I love Matt Brown for his commitment to theme parties.

26. I love Matt Brown because he embraces the importance of friends having secret hugs and goodbyes.

27. I love Matt Brown because he owns his thoughts, opinions, and feelings. Even when they crush my soul. (He also lets them pass and shift when the time comes... which always makes my soul feel a little better).

28. I love Matt Brown because he appreciates a good Chuck Norris joke.

29. I love Matt Brown because of his bountiful appreciation of cat feet.

30. I love Matt Brown because I never feel like he's the kind of friend who will drop out of my life in ten years. (Though he'll remind me frequently that we may change and never see each other again at any point... he's good for reality checks too.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT BROWN!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

This is actually the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a very long time, and this was a year of much niceness.

Also: I am now once again A DECADE OLDER THAN YOU. Represent!

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home