No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

BOX LOST (based on true events)

It's night, around 12am. Jess and Becca are upstairs at the Box. Things are quiet and still. Jess enters Becca's room and notices a black tank top with a built in bra hanging from Becca's door knob...

JESS: Where did you get that tank top?

BECCA: I found it on the floor of your room. I just wanted to try it on... why... can I borrow it? (senses something is wrong)

JESS: (tense and wide-eyed) That's not mine.

BECCA: What?

JESS: It appeared in my room yesterday! I don't know how it got there.

BECCA: It's not Tama's... or Nomi's?

JESS: NO! Just listen to me! I think it's... theirs (with fear and awe).

BECCA: You mean...

BECCA and JESS: The OTHERS!

(There's a rumbling and creaking from Becca's closet, the attic door opens, a ladder drops, and loud clomping steps descend. The lights go out. Jess and Becca cling together. A torch lights up to reveal a large man who looks like a scary santa.)

S. SANTA: Hello Becca, hello Jess.

BECCA: (stepping forward) Why are you here? What do you want?

S. SANTA: Let me ask you something, you wouldn't go into another man's closet and put on another man's tank top would you?

JESS: That tank top just showed up... I ... I didn't know!

S. SANTA: Let me assure you, the only reason you both tried on that tank top, is because we ALLOWED you to try on that tank top.

BECCA: (Frantic) What do you want from us!?!

S. SANTA: See this here? This is a line between you and my tank top. As long as you don't cross this line, we don't have a problem. However if you do choose to cross this line... well we'll have something different.

(The torch goes out, in a split second the lights come back on. Jess and Becca are left alone. Screen goes completely to black, white letters that say "BOX" fade in. Dramatic end credits begin).

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

Outstanding.

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home