No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

snowflakes

I had a pretty decent snow day today. I'm writing my midterm on Monday now, which is so very helpful. So today I woke up groggy and sore from my night of nightmares and made my way to school in the snow to watch "After Stonewall" which was so incredibly good. It made me want to dance naked in the woods. At the end of that class it was declared a snow day so I waited for a bus with every other student at Guelph, and made my way home with Gomi.

We had ourselves a faux Thanksgiving tonight. Tama prepared the Tofurkey and I made mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and summer squash. The only things missing were cranberries and creamed corn. That would have been so good! Either way it was the right thing to be doing on a snowy night like tonight. Then we went out for popsicles accross the street... which is not the right thing to do on a snowy night like tonight, but was satisfying nonetheless.

I'm half looking forward to a weekend of reading and getting things done, and half scared. My dreams last night really set me off balance. Well more off balance than a girl with an eyepatch usually is. I'm actually enjoying my readings for my 18th-19th century sexuality course right now. There's some sexy stuff in there! I'm reading Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure by John Cleland and it's filthy! It's so interesting reading these texts and realizing that there's nothing new in sex. We think it's all so novel, but it's not. It's like an academic romance novel! I got all flustered trying to read it on the bus today. It's nice to take some pleasure in my reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home