No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pre-School Anxiety... without the school

I couldn't sleep last night because I was a big anxiety face getting ready to head back to Guelph today. I wonder how long I'm going to get "back to class" anxiety. Tomorrow is my first "back to school" where I will not be going back to school. Instead I'm going to sleep in, go see my friend play open mic on campus, watch QAF at tj and nomi's, and then go visit Macelod. That's pretty good. Then Tuesday I spend the day at work, earning a more grown up version of the paycheque I was earning before winter break. The next two weeks are an adjustment period, but I think it's going to be okay. I have to make some business calls tomorrow and get myself on track for the wacky amount of free-lancy work that's coming up in the next few months. I should also spend some time figuring our grad school stuff. Oh it's scary, but not impossible.

"The enormousness of the task silenced them. Lyra looked up at the blazing sky. She was aware of how small they were, she and her daemon, in comparison with the majesty and vastness of the universe; and of how little they knew, in comparison with the profound mysteries above them." -Golden Compass

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I was back-to-school anxious for the first three Septembers after I graduated.

Good quote!

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home