No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm robbing you. Don't freak out.

Turns out the anxiety of last Wednesday night was actually the onset of a violent violent flu. No amount of poking could have stopped the flu induced anxiety! I woke up periodically feeling nauseous all Wednesday night until I gave in at 5:30am Thursday morning and vomited painfully and feverishly and continued to do so twice more before 7:15am. At that point I called my boss to say that I could not hang out with the tinys on Thursday, which was sad but very necessary, and then I lay on my couch trying not to puke all day. That was the worst of it though. Friday I managed to eat a rice cake with peanut butter on it and some egg fried rice for supper and since then I've been slowly increasing my food intake.

I'm heading into my two weeks of academic pain right now... potentially more than two weeks, but hopefully it won't be so bad. I've had to get an extension on a paper due tomorrow because it's just not happening, but maybe I'll crank that one out between today and tomorrow so I can move on to the next paper fiasco. It be a fiasco.

So all of you out there that are desiring my presence... you're not getting it for awhile. After this Saturday I'm declaring no more socializing until April 10th. Good Friday will be good indeed. After that I'll have all kinds of free time where we can have coffee and I can feel panicked about not doing a whole different kind of work. Yes? Yes.

Also, I feel it's important that you all know that I will not be playing the Twitter game. I'm out. No tweeting for me. I only know one person on twitter and he hates being communicated with, so I declare that I just don't get it, and I'm out. I just can't keep up, though I kind of like the bird metaphors.

Spring makes me want to buy things and that is a problem!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I'm pretty sure I could have poked out your anxiety.

11:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home