No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh be joyful! Oh be joyful! Oh be joyful put your sorrows away!

It's so amazing that last I had six people in my apartment that I have known for almost ten years, 12 years, or 18 years respectively. We just fell back together and made our taco salad, lit candles, sang grace, reflected on our lives, and talked about the future. It was an intimate camp night and it was lovely. Seven people is just about the right amount to fit in my living room and around my dining room table. This was the first time since I moved in to the apartment that I've actually had a dinner party and it was so great! I even made an impromptu cake because nobody brought dessert.

It as all very camp-like... except for the addition of the wine. Winey wine wine. Between the seven of us we drank seven regular bottles and one magnum. Yowza yowza! We were a little smammered by the time we got into bed at 2am. We were even too drunk to sing. That's pretty drunk. But it was so nice!

This morning the crowd dissipated and around ten the four of us who were left went for breakfast and Dizzy's. Yum Benny's! Then they stayed and helped me do dishes which is wonderful because I would likely still have a giant stack of dishes if it weren't for them!

Lovely lovely times. Now I must hunker down school styles and get through these last two weeks. It's getting serious baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home