No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Shyness is a Tool of Patriarchy

Today was good. It was a good day. I got through everything I needed to do and I think I did okay. I was actually social today. I had lunch with a group of camp people that I haven't seen in a while and I went to this India dinner. One of my biggest fears when I came to University was that I'm incapable of walking into rooms filled with people I don't know. It happened when I was ten on my first day of school I couldn't walk into the lunchroom because I was scared and someone ended up taking pity on me and taking me to their house for lunch. It happened in highschool when I was to scared to walk into a room for the first meeting of a club (I don't even remember which one now), but apparently that doesn't happen anymore. I was nervous, and I definitely stalled so that I wouldn't be the first one there, but I walked in! And got a laugh with my introduction. So suck on that shyness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home