No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Swiper Stop Swiping!

I feel like this weekend has emotionally kicked my ass. All I want to do is hide in Phantom's bed, and I think once I move home it's going to be harder then it looks. I got home Friday night, had a sushi party with my Steve, and then on Friday got dropped off at home for the insanity of Passover. I am perfecting my matzoh balls though. I've got the perfect size and length of cooking time down now!

I had a good conversation with my mom about women's issues and such as we got the house ready. But I'm realizing more and more that this summer is going to be a struggle with my dad. For example, tonight he said that humans need gender roles to be set out because things would just be too confused without them. It's going to be rough.

So Passover was good. And loud. We did most of a seder, had an excellent dinner, and carried out broken conversations over a shouting four year old. I love my cousin, but wouldn't it be easier to enforce an indoor voice rule instead of all of us just talking over him? He and I spent most of the night together after dinner playing Dora the Explorer computer games and doing the handwashing dance while Steve beat the rest of the kids at backgammon. Excellent.

Then today was the grand opening of my dad's show Tales From an Empty Fridge. It all went well, but the fighting and the tension! My God the tension! It's been a while since I've been put in the middle of parental fighting and I didn't like it. My parents are not very rule-enforcy with me, they never have been, so this summer is not much of a worry in that regard, but I can't handle the fighting. As the bro gets older it just gets worse because the three of them are insane.

So I got through today with a general urge to cry for most of it. And now tomorrow I have to head back to the Goo to read the collective agreement and start negotiating on Tuesday. I forgot my book in Gooloph so I don't know what I'm going to do for the ride back. Maybe I should print off that foolish agreement. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home