No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bowl and Bail

I've logged on to blogger about seventeen times since last night and I got to the "create" page and just didn't know what to say. This week has been bizarre and difficult. The new job is good because I love working in a studio. I have the day off today, and tomorrow I'm going back in. Tama will be there tomorrow too. It will be good to hangout. But at this stage in the process of this installation, there's barely enough work for me to do, let alone for the two of us. Lunch breaks will be more fun though.

Last night after work I met up with two of my friends from high school that I haven't seen in over a year now. It was surprisingly not awkward. They told me I was the same, but that I'm clearly not high school Rebecca. That was strange. I told them that I don't think I've changed that much, except that now I'm thinking about different things, and I'm far more publicly innapropriate.

The prospect of me changing drastically has always horrified me. So far it's always been a slow change. I haven't lost to many friends that can blame the end of our relationships on me changing. I know that I'm different than I was at fifteen, but the thought of me being different by the time I'm twenty five still scares me. I can remember Matt almost making me cry over a conversation like this. Stupid pragmatic Matt. It's just scary.

So yes, point being it was a lot more fun than I had anticipated. I miss my Leaside friends and I'm working really hard to reconnect this summer, as opposed to last summer where I saw no one and spoke to no one.

Today I'm just sitting around returning e-mails and filling out scholarship applications. I accidentally slept until 12:37pm, so most of my alone time business won't get done. Mmmmm business.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

helloooo!!!
i'm restless and i miss you. the other day i was sitting playing solitaire and listening to havana nights. and i was not happy! i don't want do that, i don't wanna read or watch tv. i just want to talk to you and tj like in the kitchen of our house. did you watch the new Family Guy? aww, BRILLIANCE!! loved it. and love you.miss you and tj.
byeee! love jess

9:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home