No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

His mom thinks I'm cool!

Last night Steve and I went to our friend Adam's welcome home dinner. It was so incredibly satisfying to have a family dinner with someone else's family! It was incredible. We sat accross from his grandparents who spent then night whispering to each other about their grand kids and just revelling in the cute ways that they ate their food. The two of them just looked so pleased to be there and so proud of every move their grand kids were making. And they were incredibly loving and attentive to one another. It was very sweet.

Adam's family is great. I love their house, and I just love their whole style of being. I haven't known them even close to as long as Steve has, but everytime I'm over there they are warm and welcoming with hugs and kisses and food. I want to grow up to be like Adam's mom. When I came in we were chatting and I told her I was on the board for the WRC and she said "You're not one of those Fem-mee-nists are you?" and proceeded to tell me about being on the board for Women's College Hospital and her experiences with women who don't allow people to walk all over them. Then we bonded over beading. She showed me all her beads and the stuff she's been making. Her house is filled with family photos, and photos of sunsets and landscapes from trips. Their house looks lived in but has the overall sense of their family being imprinted on those walls.

We ate dinner and Adam, Sean, Steve and I spent the rest of the night up in Adam's room looking at pictures and watching family guy. It was a good way ease into being home. Funny that it took someone else's family to do it, but it just felt so right to be in that environment. And it made me so happy to see Steve, Sean and Adam together again. It's something about the loveing male friendship that fascinates me. I feel very privileged to be allowed to hang out with these guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home