No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bex Boobs

Long hours on this fall back weekend. I had a good craftshow on Saturday. I made $170 which was nice. My table was beside the most insane craft woman I have ever encountered at any show in the past five years. She made the most gaudy horrible crocheted decorations and dish towels. She was one of those women who talked to all of her crafts and pretended like they had lives of their own. She sold this witch doll that she had dressed in a crocheted outfit and said a long winded goodbye to her where she told her not to get into any trouble. WEIRD!

I also had an encouter with the God-iest church lady I've ever met. She came up to the table and looked at the buttons that I'm selling and noted that the "I Believe in Faeries" button should say "I believe in God". Yikes. Then she told me another slogan that should be buttoned and then said "Do you know where you can find lots of good sayings to put on buttons?... The Bible." Awkward. I felt like argueing, but I didn't want to offend any church elders as I depend on their venue to make money. Ah well. Now I'm thinking I'll go through th bible and find some really ridiculous lines that don't really inspire or make much sense and then put them on buttons with their book and reference number. I think it would be hilarious and slightly offensive.

I was entirely impressed with myself for making it through the day when I had woken up at 7am still high from the escapades with MacLeod the night before. I forced myself to keep my eyes open on the drive to t-dot and then blissfully got ready for the party at Steve's house. It was a fun and fabulous night at 3QF. I almost saw Matt's wang, but chickened out at the last second. I had me some melancholies, that actually made me kind of sad, and chatted with a number of fun people. I was pleased that my puffy puffy skirt didn't knock anything over. It was kind of fun to take up some space.

I got a little beat up by my family again today which was too bad. Now I have to struggle out of the dark again in order to get through my week. I'm getting tired of this. And we're having a halloween party tomorrow that I'm totally not prepared for. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home