No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, October 31, 2005

She lay down in her party dress and never got up

I don't know what happened. Last year we had so many people over for what felt like all the time. I guess the streak is over. Everyone's in a shitty mood and it's ruining my puffy-dressed good time. I'm half can can girl and half pumpkin at the moment and trying to embrace some rare stress-less moments. I cleaned, baked, and pumpkin carved from 4pm to 7pm and I'm sleepy. I decorated up the livingroom and handed me out some candy to some tinies. We were kind of mean this year as we gave out some good little chocolate bars along with some crappy unfrozen freezies and sugarless candies. Hope we don't get egged!

Now I'm waiting for the party guests that are totally not coming. I get it, it's a monday, but it would be more effective if people would just tell me they weren't coming so that I wouldn't worry so much about baking and decorating and cleaning. We sent out the invite almost three weeks ago, and we see these people all the time. Bah. I just get stressed and then it's all in vain.

The house looks good at the moment though. Too bad my room's still a disaster. I guess tomorrow night I'll deal with that one. I feel like all I'm looking forward to now is the openning of Harry Potter and of Rent. That seems kind of sad.

Tomorrow is my 3 year-aversary with Steve and I'm really happy and excited about it, except that it will be our first anniversary appart and I'm going to miss him. This is such a ridiculous life. I may not even be able to see him this weekend. Frustrated and sad. And yet so proud of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home