No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Gary Busey Centre for Gary Busey Children

Today started off nicely with a class where we got to watch a clip from Hair. Oh man I miss that musical. That movie makes me long for the crazy hippy queer days of grade eight where we'd listen to that song Sodomy and try to figure out if we knew what all the words meant. Oh yeah.

That class was followed by the most comedically satisfying greasy Sex and the City-esque lunch at LA Pit. We argued about whether or not Christians were a sect of Judaism back in the day, how Jesus would have been a great catch, and what the world would be like if Jesus hadn't been crucified. We mused about the origins of the word "handicap" and how I always thought it sounded so much more cheerful than it is (and then mimed the cheerful tipping of my handy cap). We talked about the unfairness of boys getting to have orgasmic dreams, and then I made them jealous because I have orgasmic dreams. I composed a rap song about fornicating at the grad lounge that got stuck in Tama's head. Then Jess and I riffed extensively about her theory that there would be no discrimination in the world if everyone was just referred to as Gary Busey. I feel like it would cause more confusion then it would good. Can you imagine trying to find out medical test results if all the files were labled Gary Busey at Doctor Gary Busey's office? We laughed so damn hard, we definitely disrupted some reading. Awesome.

Other brilliant thoughts of the day include a remix to the Chariot's of Fire theme, and the fact that it's not a surprise that "Barney was black, his woman's name was Baby Bop!".

On the walk back from the Pit the question came to mind, what part of the woman is the milk? And how would she put it in that guys cocoa puff? Is the cocoa puff the nose? Perhaps that Lump song would be clearer if instead of: "Put your milk in my cocoa puff, milky milky cocoa puff, put your milk in my cocoa puff, milky milky, riiiiiiiight" it was: "Put your boobs up my nose, booby booby nose, put your boobs up my nose, booby booby, riiiiiight".

There's speculation that the "milk" in fact refers to vaginal fluids, but I strongly disagree as the milk clearly comes from the breast of the woman and not the vagina. That would make public baby feeding a lot more strange and controversial.

I love my Box girls. I think we all really needed that kind of a lunch where we didn't talk about the horrors of our lives. The world needs more Box lovin'. Imagine what would happen if Matt spent a week here! He'd be cured!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Total turn in this whole My Humps lyrics analysis. Instead of writing my paper I'm listening to the song. It isn't put your milk inside my cocoa puffs. It's mix your milk with my cocoa puffs. Oh the meanings are endless... I think we should discuss the complexities of these lyrics tonight on... Ten and Two: An in depth look at the lives of 4 university students struggling with life's ups and downs (no it's not about driving)

-TJ

6:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, we DID need this day. Today was actually one of the best days I've had in a while. I feel just so genuinely happy!
TJ let's eat cake when you get home.
mace

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home