No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Having fun guy one? The most fun in the world!

Well, Jess and I sent off our first fan e-mail ever to the guys of The Lonely Island. We think they'll write back, because it was pretty damn witty. Like in my dream last night... I was dream-witty and I guess it just transfered on to the page. There's no stopping our brilliance and determination when it comes to these guys. We are comedy groupies and proud of it. I mean, we could be their muses and laugh at all of their jokes. Or we could just hold their beverages while they write. We're really not picky.

Now the secret hope is that either "procrasturbation" or "half-assed-turbation" end up on SNL and I get a nod of recognition. That would be earth-shatteringly satisfying. I'm beginning to feel more and more that if I want to live my dream of writing for SNL I've got to start planning out how I'm going to move to New York and get in there. Oh to work on such a deadline and to have the chance to be an extra! Oh to be bossed around by Tina Fey... This is the dream my friends.

I'm not quite feeling ready for this week to start, but I guess I have no choice. We had a laid back Sunday that included some internet purchases, watching "Now and Then" twice, watching "Fried Green Tomatoes" once, and of course the Oscars. Jon Stuart did a solid job, and the show was overall enjoyable.

In the middle of our uber-pubescent-crush-leading-to-turning-back-to-old-teen-favourite-films I also found out today that for some reason the film "Strike"! had it's name changed to "All I Wanna Do". What the hell? I wanted to get it under its Australian title "The Hairy Bird", but the format would be wrong. So disappointing. I guess I'll just have to alter the cover when it gets here.

Wish us luck with The Lonely Island boys!

3 Comments:

Blogger BACH said...

That's one of my many favorite movies - the end always makes me cry. You should see the cover...Hi, I'm a fluffy teen dance movie!

8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad "I won't believe she's a lesbian until I walk into her room and see her wearing a pussy like a chin strap" is too risquee for SNL. Would you actually want to be an SNL writer? That'd be awesome!

the vegan

good luck with the funny boys, I know you can do it! And by "it" I mean "them".

7:16 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

Yeah I've definitely wanted to be an SNL writer for a while. I figure I'll get my B.A. and then see what I can do!

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home