No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, July 31, 2006

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around out here.

I spent my entire day doing laundry. We have no dryer so it's an adventure in makeshift clotheslines in my backyard right now. I got it done though, and I did some writing, so I feel satisfied. And tomorrow Steve has the day off work, so we will be sticky together, and I can't really ask for more.

I also got to hold a six day old baby today. Boy howdy that is some tiny. My next door neighbour (who is 26 by the way) just had her third baby. A tiny and adorable boy named Thomas. I was lucky enough to get invited in to hold and snuggle the small human. He is beautiful and has tons of hair. And tiny little finger nails! He sneezed twice while he was in my arms and it's probably the best thing I've experienced all week.

So I have a lot of spare time right now so if anyone needs a movie buddy, or just misses me let me know! My parents are leaving me alone with Ben on Wednesday for a little less than a week, so if anyone wants to come over, let me know. I'm hoping this will go okay, but you never know. I may have to hose down a 15 year old party.

Things on the Shane front are also not great, for those of you keeping tabs. I accidentally saw him on Saturday night and promptly heaved in the alley as soon as I got out of the building. It's a very strange feeling when someone you thought cared about your existance as an aquaintance (at the very least) not only doesn't give a shit, but is also going out of their way to make you feel worthless. The last time this happened was in grade twelve when Ben Zhu told me that I was nothing and that my opinion didn't matter because I was a useless, worthless, waste of a human being. This resulted in my best high school exit from a classroom ever as I stood up, yelled fuck you, and slammed the door so hard I thought the glass might shake loose. It's looking like I might need to do some yelling and swearing at Shane Brown. A taint to the Brown name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home