No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Somebody wet my pants! And the floor around me!

My first day back at the childcare was pretty good. I'm thinking the week-long adventure is the best plan in order to enjoy the novelty of tinies, but not get tied up in staff politics (which is why I generally dread that place anyway). All of the kids who were two and three year olds when I left are now four and five year olds and it's very strange. Where there once was slow speech and big pudgy tummies, there are now confident stretched out big kids running the social scene. Weird.

The best thing that happened to me yesterday was when I was alone in one of the playrooms with five kids, and a little boy wearing a painting smock suddenly exclaimed "I don't know who did this! The floor is all wet!". So I went over to check it out and he said "somebody made the floor wet, and they made my pants wet too!". I asked him to lift up his paint smock to show me and there was a big pee stain on his shorts, pee dripping down his leg, and a puddle on the floor. He said "I don't know why anyone would do this!". I cleaned him up and all was well, but it was an amazing example of denial being the first type of deception that kids learn.

There's also a sassy wonderful girl who was wearing a pink and white stripped dress, long braided pigtails, and pink catseye glasses with rhindstones and pink lenses. So cute. She has the little girl belly and she's just beautiful. Oh tinies.

Tomorrow I'm going with them to the Science Centre (which is probably karmically related to the fact that when Ben, Steve and I were at the Science Centre I kept saying how glad I was that I wasn't with a group of kids wearing matching t-shirts and holding their partner's hands). I think it will be fun, but I am planning on going out for a drink afterwards if anyone is interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home