No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wednesday: Breathe

On Wednesday night I took my Steve for an incredible experience. We went to see Roger Waters at the ACC. It was really nice to be able to take Steve to see this concert because of what a big role Pink Floyd has in the past few years of his life... and also to take more credit for his fandom, considering I'm the one who played Darkside for him and introduced him to Pink Floyd in the first place. Oh yeah.

It was pretty incredible to see a huge production of a concert. There were lights, pyrotechnics, three video screens, and two blimps; one of an astronaut, and one of a pig. Peter Frampton apparently did not purchase the pig blimp at Pink Floyd's garage sale. The band was amazing. They played a variety of songs from The Wall and Animals and Roger Waters did some solo stuff. Then for the second set they played the entirety of Darkside. They played every song note for note, which was amazing, but gave the whole thing a sense of witnessing a historical document as oposed to a performance. There were a few moments where I had to remind myself that I wasn't watching a tribute band. Those moments increased as the concert went on because I swear 30 000 people were trying to hot box the ACC. Steve and I were at the very back of the stadium under the overhang and I swear the smoke from every joint in that place was hovering up near our heads. We didn't smoke any pot ourselves and by the end of that concert we were both shockingly high.

Anyway, it was an excellent show and it was nice to feel like I could hold my own in such a male dominated audience of Floyd fans. The line for the men's washroom at intermission was almost three times as long as the one for the women's! I was really satisfied with the whole experience, and that's all I can ask for. It was just really nice to be there holding Steve's hand and being a part of that together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home