No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bleed and Bleed, and Then Fall Down

Today was a hilarious medical day in the world of Bex. Shortly after the goodness of IWD (that very night in fact...) I went numb on the right side of my body from just under my right breast to my toes. Hilarious. Good thing I got up bright and early to go see my GP, who I enjoy. After telling her about my eye she said "it's always a mystery with you, isn't it" and didn't even offer a hypothesis. We proceeded to decide on a ridiculous list of boodtests from syphillis, to mono, to thyroid, and back to B12 again and I'm heading back to the MS clinic for some more testing. I don't know when, because apparently to the MS clinic "urgent" means August. So yeah, that's happening.

When I sat down to do the bloodwork I told the nurse exactly where to put the needle and what kind to use. She asked me how I was with bloodwork and I told her I get dizzy, but I wasn't all that worried. I sat in the chair instead of lying down because I was sure that she wasn't going to get it on the first try, so I could lie down afterwards. But she got it on the first try so I was stuck in the chair, which seemed okay until about number five when everything started getting a little fuzzy. The nurse told me my colour was changing and asked me if I wanted to stop. There was no freakin way I was going to stop with two left, so I said no. And then I lost my hearing and my vision faded out. The nurse yelled for someone else to come in and hold my head up so I wouldn't hit the floor. All I know is that they got all the blood they needed and I was mentally working my ass (brain?) off to stay concious. The first nurse was fanning me with my file and saying "I told you so" and the other nurse brought me some water because they didn't have any juice. What the hell is the point with no tiny paper cup of juice at the end?

I wish fainting was as glamorous as it seems. I pretty much just felt like dizzy garbage for the rest of the day and I'm still feeling a little bit lightheaded and distracted. It was a wild and wacky medical day. Stay tuned for more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home