No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

They Call me Candle Guy

I'm back from my lovely weekend up at camp. I desperately needed that weekend in the woods. It even snowed yesterday morning so we took a winter wonderland walk to the camp hot spots. It makes me very happy to feel like I'm home out there. I'm very glad not to be heading back to work at camp next summer. It's going to be a mess, but there are definitely some things that I'm going to miss.

Last night Julie, Jess and I sat in the kitchen singing songs that were sad and powerful and beautifully harmonized, if I do say so myself. It was good for my soul. I also took a moment last night to walk alone in the dark out to the middle of the field and in the dark quiet cold I did me some moon salutes. It's really satisfying to be able to walk in the dark in a place where you know where you are based on the tree line, and experience that little bit of thrilling fear when realize how completely alone you are.

I hope that one day I can know another space as well as I know that site. Or at least I'd like to feel that level of confidence walking alone at night. Just call me Becca the Bear Fighter.

I also polished off The Subtle Knife this weekend, which is exciting. My reading list is intense at the moment. I also finished the draft of my CV and my statement of intent before I left this weekend. Anyone feel like editing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home