No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Monday, April 28, 2008

cold gloomy goo-loph day

Well I'm finishing off my last long weekend in Guelph before everyone moves. It's gone fairly well. My room is very much dismantled and I'm agonizing over furniture decisions... but I guess it's a good thing.

On Friday I had ice cream and slept over at the Lang's so that on Saturday we could wake up, hit the market one last time, go to Egg cetera (where I had the Arriba... and I should have gone for Mexican eggs benny), then Nomi, Tama, Jack, Dani, and I went to the art gallery on campus. This has been a goal for awhile, so we made it happen. Around the gallery is a sculpture park, which was the best part. Langs and Jess and I walked through the sculpture park quite a bit in our Watson days, but hadn't been there since. Dani was very excited, and Jack mounted a horse sculpture. Excellent.

The inside of the gallery was a little disappointing since most of their displays were down to accommodate a dance show that was taking place that evening. We looked a bit confused when we entered into the gallery and a woman came up to ask if we knew where we were going. Clearly we didn't. She led us up to the second floor where the first exhibit was, and then started knocking on the door of Studio A. We thought perhaps there was another display in the room, so we waited. An dancer woman came out, glanced at us smugly and asked the woman who had knocked "Do they need to change?". She looked at us for an answer and I blurted out "We're just here to see the gallery." The woman who had led us upstairs got all flustered and told us that they were waiting for a dance troupe of five people. It would have been awesome if we had just went with it and put on an impromptu dance rehearsal.

I slept Saturday night at Jess' and then Steve came in on Sunday so that we could hang out and do some packing together. Right now I'm dreading the bus ride back and work tomorrow. I feel like I need to just spend a few solid days here packing, but I'm going to have to leave it all half done. I'm feeling very weirded out about packing up my house. I like the space that I built here for myself with the other Box girls. The fact that I won't be building a new living space with them is scary.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

Son of a bitch, now I've missed the last Egg Cetera run too! DAMN HELL.

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

One day I'm sure we'll go on a stupid adventure with a car and end up at egg cetera. I feel it's inevitable. We must conquer the Mexican Benny!

Home Fries Away!

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home