No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Overneath

Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've heard the "Pirates" theme played by a bell ringing choir from an arts high school in Ohio performed in the library of Casa Loma. It was one of those definite "how did I get here?" moments, and I appreciated it.

This week has been exhausting. Field trips every day seem like a good idea, but it takes a toll! After yesterday's trip to Spadina house I got on the Greyhound and headed to Guelph for some much needed Jess snuggling and pizza gorging. We invented the best pizza ever. Just when we thought we could never enjoy Pizza Pizza again, Jess and I created a good one! Sweet chili thai sauce, chicken, roasted red peppers, and red onion. Yum-mers. We also watched Rushmore, which Jess had never seen before and it was satisfying. I hadn't seen it since my first date with Craig when I was thirteen. (Man we were cool!) I remembered liking it, but I couldn't remember any details. When we flopped into bed last night it prompted a Wes Anderson conversation that included this exchange:

Me: Did you see What's it McWhat's it?
Jess: The Darjeeling Limited?
Me: Yeah.

I love that girl. Not seeing her every day has been a problem!

This morning she and the Lang's are in T-dot searching for places to live. I was going to get up and head back to my house, but I decided it would be more enjoyable to drink tea and read Tom Robbins, take a nap, and then get up to write Sex with Bex here. So I have usurped Jess' bedroom until she gets back, and I feel great about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home