No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Ride That Sleigh

I got to ride the bus to the castle today sitting with my 3 year old friend Galen. He told me that all he wants for Christmas was a brown pencil and a hockey stick. Yes. He was also ridiculously impressed by my ability to pretend to eat an eyeball. I'm good.

The castle was fun. We watched an odd little musical version of Cinderella. It's funny how some children's theatre tend to rely on outdated pop culture to get a laugh. This show had the Macarena, a dance number to the Austin Powers theme and other various obscure references. The only thing that really bothered me was that I feel like if you're going to do an updated production of Cinderella you might try to make it more positive for girls instead of including a song about "oh god I hope he marries me". It just seems odd.

I got a half hour break at the castle so I got to wander around. They had a Harry Potter Lego thing going on, which was kind of exciting given the news about the book release this July. They had a massive Hagrid, and all three kids all lego-ular. But they had the kids in this little display in the basement and it actually kind of freaked me out. Harry, Ron and Hermione were all standing on a central platform, with a dementor (on ropes and pullies) hovering to the right, and a robotic (really creepy) Peter Pettigrew on the left. There was also a mirror on the way out that was somewhat Erised-like but when you looked into it you saw a crappy built Dumbledore. It was all very dark and the creepy soundtrack was playing the whole time. Bah. I hung out in there for quite awhile (because I like to pretend).

Now it's time for holiday stuff to get going. Tomorrow my Phantom leaves me and I start the visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home