No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Good Moleman to You!

Finally Friday. Oh man. And I have a pile of things to do just to ensure that I survive this semester. One of them is figuring out how I can possibly cut dairy, wheat and sugar out of my diet and not die.

I was hoping a happy phantom would dance over here like spidey tonight, but I'm feelin' like that might not happen. Sad.

Last night was a good one. We had Hezzie and Nomi over for dinner and we watched nine episodes of Sex and the City. That's a lot of Carrie Bradshaw. But it was enjoyable. We hadn't seen seven of them, so it was all rather satisfying. Much like sex in a city.

When we were driving Hezzie and Nomi home I brought up the fact that I have never met anyone from my generation that couldn't rap the entirety of the theme to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and sing the Mario and Super Mario music. I'm not entirely sure how far this trend extends on the age continuum, but I've always found it fascinating that I could stand in a room filled with folks born in 1985-86 and say the words "In West Philidelphia" and have every single person pick it up.

From there we started belting out other classic theme songs like Saved By The Bell, Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step, Who's the Boss, etc. It was amazing how much ridiculousness we remembered! We then started coming up with songs that everyone knows at least a decent chunk of words to. Many Spice Girls and Backstreet boys tunes came up, but I was more of an alternative girl so Alanis, The Goo Goo Dolls, No Doubt and Oasis were the markers of my Grade four and five years and thus I will always know the words to every song on Jagged Little Pill, etc.

We also started getting into ridiculous grade 7 and 8 dance songs that were always played like Mariah Carey's "Butterfly", Whitney Houston's "Unbreak my Heart" and the classic Monica and Brandy "The Boy is Mine". Of course I was the kid who brought my Wayne's World soundtrak to every dance and stood on stage negotiating with the DJ until he put on "Foxy Lady" at which point I would rock out hardcore on stage in front of everyone. Man I was cool.

It was fun just to belt out such random music. You need that occaisionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home