No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

All Out of Thwhack

I have a total of six appointments this week. Three of them are tomorrow. All kinds of people want to poke me and squish me and ultrasound me. This is unpleasant. I'm no closer to knowing what's the what, but I may have a better idea by tomorrow. Someone best have a lollipop for me after every appointment!

I'm preparing for my move back to Guelph on Sunday and I'm not sure how it's all going to go. The fact that I walk everywhere with my knapsack my conflict with my inability to walk comfortably.

I have to do a lot of work on my schedule, and choices of majors. Last night I made a chart for myself entitled "Major Possibilities" (which made me giggle and think of highschool student services before they sent you off to uni). As of right now they include English, Women's Studies with a minor in sociology, or just women's studies. Women's Studies straight would allow me to go to India, WMST with Soc would allow me to take pretty much every course I'm interested in (but not go to India), and English... well I'd have to take a lot of dry sounding courses but I would walk out with a degree in English. I just don't know. But at least in doing this I'm seeing that there is a bit of room for me to weigh my options for a little longer.

Other than that I've been knitting a lot, reading a lot, and sleeping very little. I've also been trying to get used to my new haircut. It's not short, but it's different. I didn't even take it out of my pony tail when I saw Matt. :o) That's how much I'm trying to get used to it. Phantom likes it though, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I'll update tomorrow on my diagnosis, assuming I'm not rocking in a corner somewhere struck down by my fear.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can it not be Women's Studies? How? How? I used to study women. Yes. GO TO INDIA! Dammit.
-Stanley

10:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey. I will make you tea and tuck you in on the couch and wrangle the channel changer out of Jess' hand so you can choose the program.

You definitely have to do Womyn's Studies because English is just as useless a degree as that one and it's way more boring. Are you still planning on 5 years? India eh? I have mixed feelings but you should go... I shouldn't be selfish. Anyhoo, see you tomorrow darling. What time are you going to be there?

-Tama

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home