No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I Laugh Too Much Anyway

I'm really tired of the medical community. I have had more appointments in the past three weeks than I had throughout all of highschool. This is not my idea of fun. I'm trying to be open about all of this, but I'd just rather hide.

I went for an appointment at Health Services today with a woman that I've never met before. Apparently my regular health services doctor (who started this whole thyroid ball rolling) doesn't work there anymore. So now I have to listen to this woman who I have absolutely no relationshipt with and really have no reason to trust besides the fact that she wears a stethoscope.

She made a bad first impression because she couldn't find my ultrasound and bloodwork results that my home doctor faxed over two days ago. So yeah. I love guess work. I walked out of there with requisites for six more phials of blood and an appointment with a neurologist for an EMG. I just don't want to.

It's all very bizarre, and basically I keep getting told that no one really knows why my legs are sleeping (they've improved a little by the way, but they are definitely not back). But since they've improve I'd much rather avoid being poked with neuron reading needles. So who knows what I'm going to do. It's a little scary being told repeatedly that there's nothing I can do and that my body is attacking itself. I've never really been in a situation where I felt this out of control with my own body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home