No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

"When I get married I'm going to call my husband Mrs. Jessica Macleod"

(When I went to write that quote down Jess ran away and hid the quote book, so this is her punishment!)

The ladies are out on the town tonight. I've stayed in to assemble shelves, but up posters and generally get my life in order. Today was fairly low key, but I just wasn't in the mood for a crowded bar.

Today I made my first Visa purchase. I bought dvds. Prior to today I owned two dvds, so now the count is increasing. I bought Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, and the entire Pee-Wee's Playhouse collection. Don't make fun. Pee-Wee's Playhouse was a childhood favourite of mine. My Zaida used to tape episodes for me to watch when I came over to his house. He used to call him a stupid ass. I love my Zaida and when he died I had two intense impulses: to get myself a bag of those marshmallow ice cream cones, and to find those Pee-Wee tapes. Those are two things that I associate with my Zaida and with that house. I never saw marshmallow cones or Pee-Wee outside of his house.

So in the same way that when I found out you could buy those cones at the grocery store I went out and bought two bags, when I found out I could own all the episodes I went out and bought two volumes of dvds. Well it IS the place where anything can happen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MEANT MR!!!!! only a fool would think other wise.

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a busy bar, and I do understand not wanting to go out but next week... you'd better be there!

-Tama

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home