No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Place Feminism Goes to Die

New Years was more than interesting. I had a bad feeling as I headed over to Adam's house. Something was just off. There was a miscommunication with my Phantom and so there was confusion. I started off the night soured. Not only did I need to de-sour, I also needed to sweeten, and I needed to do it fast.

I blame the whole fiasco on breaking tradition. If I had been with Helen perhaps this wouldn't have happened. The night started out fine. We feasted on chocolate genitalia and took many a photo. Then Sean decided that he wanted to meet up with this girl who was at a frat party. Bad plan. None of us wanted to go but Sean insisted.

Adam is leaving for Costa Rica in three days, and all he wanted was to have the four of us together at midnight. So when we were walking out to Bayview to do the count down at a bar and Sean got in a cab, we basically had no choice bet to follow in his irrational footsteps. With seventeen minutes to spare we headed to the sleaziest frat at U of T on St. George. The second we pulled up I took off my crown and looked pleadingly at the guys as I told them I did not want to go in there. It was my worst nightmare. I hate places that make me take off my crown. I do my best to avoid any location that would make me feel uncomfortable based on the way I look.

The door was encircled by huge thugs that informed us of the five dollar cover. Sean payed for all of us and our hands were sullied by the black mark of "P.D". We found ourselves a little corner near the beer table (two beers for five dollars) and waited the six minutes until the count down. We went through as all of our watches turned to midnight, then we counted down with all the sleaze around us.

Briefly after the countdown we shifted to a corner by the stair well. All of the girls in the building seemed to be under the age of sixteen and thinking it was mid-August. I didn't even take my coat off. Eventually we went upstairs where Sean was trying to get with this girl, and was failing miserably. Steve went to the bathroom as Adam and I watched a fight break out just as Sean was getting rejected.

At this point Adam and Steve got all chivalrous (and sweet) and decided it was time to get me out of there. The whole situation was so surreal that I really didn't feel like I was in any danger, but I was happy to leave. When we finally fought our way outside we were just in time to watch the end of the fight from accross the street. It was 12:37, not even an hour into 2005, and I got to watch this huge muscly guy smash this little guy into an ice drift, punch him in the nose, smash his head into a parking meter, and punch him a couple of more times. It was the most real fight I've ever encountered and it was really bizarre.

We waited for ten minutes for Sean to come out and then we made him pay for the cab ride home. Everyone was displeased. We got an appology speech from Sean, drank some champagne, and then Steve and I headed back to my place where the evening improved greatly.

Since then I've had my first pork tenderloin, played some Mario, had an excellent night with Steve, and watched Eternal Sunshine. Tomorrow morning I'll be up an heading to work for 7:30am, then I'm going to try to deal with the fact that now my entire legs are sleeping and I haven't felt my feet in ten days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home