No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Late Last Night, When We Were All In Bed (Bum bum bum)

So I had this brilliant plan of wakeup at nine this morning and going to the library to do a whole lot of research for my all together 14 pages of research papers due Friday and Tuesday. However, all of this was foiled by a robbery.

With visions of essays dancing in my head
At 1:30 I was nestled snug my bed
out in the lot there arose such a clatter.
I lept from my bed to see what was the matter.
I went to the window and peeked out bit
I heard the alarms and I thought "Holy shit!"
And then there he was, so anxious and snarly
I knew in a second it must be a burglary
All dressed in black from his head to his foot
He had stolen a computer (it was silver to boot)
He slipped and he dropped it
Then he ran really fast
He slid past the dumpsters
And made it at last
He ran into the valley before the cops could arrive
and left them all hoping they'd find him alive
And I heard him exclaim, as I reached for the phone
"Screw all you guys, I'm going home."


Well, it's all true except that last part. He said nothing. And the cops drove around the neighbourhood until 3am and kept me awake, so now I slept in and I'm doing my best to prioritize. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home