No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

They used to push me into lockers...

I am obsessed with high school gossip right now. Last night I saw two friends I haven't seen in about a year now and it was ridiculously fun. Just the kind of people that I was glad I had connected with in grade twelve and that I'm going to try to stay connected with over the summer.

Everytime I see people I just want to be caught up on everyone that I haven't seen in two years. So far there's been one marriage, two babies, and two engagements. Is this the rest of my life? Just being shocked and excited by highschool gossip? Why do I care so much?

Yesterday was an excellently highschool-y day as I went back to visit some teachers and a number of them asked me out for coffee, which was really nice. Just nice to be treated as an equal. God that place was so awful until the very last minute and then I pulled it together. Mr. Vicentini told me that my project I did on Buddhism in his class had the most creative class activity, and that it still hasn't been surpased. I moved all the desks aside and led the whole class in a guided meditation. He was very impressed. I was pretty proud that he remembered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home