No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Santiago

I walked through clubs days today with Tama and Jess. We stopped at the Guelph Queer Equality booth and this little eight or nine year old boy in a tie dye Sponge Bob shirt and asked us if we were running the booth. We said no, but asked if we could help him with anything. On the table there were little bags with full packs of gum, condoms, and stickers about AIDS awareness. He asked us if they were free. I said they probably were and to go for it. He picked it up and then pointed at the condom and said to Jess "What's that". Macleod turns red and starts giggling. She pleadingly turned to me and said "don't make me anser that!". So I said to the little boy "That's a condom for safer sex." The kid exploded in disgust and through himself down on a bench shouting "Ew!". So I asked him if he wanted me to take the gum out of the bag for him. He said yes and thanked me very much.

It was pretty freakin' hilarious. If this was one of those moments this kid remembers forever as a significant point in his sex ed I hope I dealt with it well enough! I don't lie to kids, so hopefully he could take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home