No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Like An Eating Disorder With Rules

Thanks to one of my trusty nightmares I actually got up this morning and accomplished everything I needed to, except for reading about a hundre and fifteen pages of gothic novel, but no matter. I talked to the hospital that I'm heading to for my MRI a week today, I sent a job description to CUPE, I had a shower, and made some real breakfast. Good morning.

I'm leaving at four thirty today to go to the Menno reunion up at camp. I'm looking forward to it with a slight edge of anxiety. What else is new. Last time I was at camp things went badly in every way. This weekend is kind of the pivotal moment of deciding how much time I want to spend up at camp this year. Tough. I also don't like being at the mercy of drivers and traffic and weather when I have time constraints on Sunday. I have to be back on time to interview Matt Brown for my class on adolescence and coming of age. I'm pretty excited to be writing about the Matt Brown all semester. Who doesn't love that guy?
You'd have to be a dumbtard not to love that guy.

So yes. I'm going to try to continue breathing. Because not breathing is just plain silly. I'm going to try to enjoy my books and assignments, and I'm just going to relax and enjoy my wheat, dairy, sugar-free world. My dad calls it the "eat/eet" diet: No meat, no wheat, no sweet, and no teat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home