No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Please stop pawing my bosom

Today was a fairly decent day. It started off with lots of crying, but I needed that. I was on campus from 10:30 to 7:30 and I accomplished everything on my hand-list of stuff to do. This one class a day business really gets school done. Tomorrow I have lots to do again, and I have a meeting at 10am. I think I'll be okay. The biggest challenge is not having food that I can eat on campus. There's really nothing. It's crazy.

In my one class today I started by doing a pretty mean acrobatic trick. I had to climb over a really big desk, but I leaned on the part with no legs under it and the table started to tip. It was one of those moments where you're watching your body slowly approach the floor and you just can't do anything to prevent the fall. Luckily Jess and Nomi acted quick and counterbalanced the desk while I rolled off, stumbled and then presented like the gymnast that I am. There was much laughter in the classroom.

The freezing rain today was funny. The entire campus was covered with a fine layer of ice, and every student was shuffling at a snails pace and talking about how crazy the whole thing was. It was a nice sort of community sense to watch everyone and know that no matter who you were and what sort of power you have the damn weather equalized us all.

I'm off to try to cram six hours of reading into two and to plan the next two years of my life so I have something legitimate to tell the B.A. counsellor about tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home