No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pulp What Now?

Jess and I just spent the last 2 hours 33 minutes and 37 seconds watching Pulp Fiction. We then stared at each other blankly and confusedly for a long time. Then tried to decide if we were hungry or nauseous. Okay, we appreciate the unique organization of the film and the style of it all... but basically some shit happens and Samuel L. Jackson has a revelation? What? Is the point that everyone who isn't biblical get screwed? What happens to Butch? Why do I even care? What about Esmerelda? Wasn't that weird? We spent the whole damn movie feeling so anxious we could barely focus on the dialogue. We're all tense now. I guess I was just expecting to be more satisfied. Though I have seen the Kill Bills and what-not, so maybe my ground has already been too broken. Now we're going to watch some nice straight-forward Sex and the City.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?!?!?!

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

Excellent! Let's fuck.

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

I've been waiting so long to hear you say those words!

12:23 AM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

Ironic, in that you did, in fact, merely read them.

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

At this point I'll settle for reading those words and then hearing your voice say "Intra-uterine". It's practically the same thing... and I takes what I can gets.

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

I gotta come up with something to record on that gizmo the next time I'm at the box. Not that it'll be easy to top intra-uterine.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Tederick said...

Shit, we're having like a whole conversation here. Everyone reading this must be like "shut the hell up."

(this comment brought to you by: ypmiborf!)

7:51 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

Yeah, but seriously people are FASCINATED by us, so I imagine they are thankful to be privy to a conversation such as this. And I think you should record something about you watching people pee. That would be appropriate.

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's like I'm a fly on the wall of the cool kids' locker!

I'm surprised to hear your rection to PF as well, but you do have to take into account that at the time...my god that was already 12 years ago?!!..at the time there was absolutely NOTHING like it..at least not in mainstream cinema. I mean it was just unheard of in it's style, it's storyline, it's audacity. Now clearly I know nothing about cinema outside the mainstream...even moreso way back then, but at the time, that movie was just mind blowing. I should watch it again

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Urban Faery said...

wait, who was that anonymous comment from? My current guess is Mark.

3:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home