No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Box Brigade

Long time no blog. I tried to blasphemously blog from a church yesterday through the beauty of stealing wireless, but alas I didn't have enough time. I spent this week battling depression and preparing to be a projectionist at a DARE Arts performance yesterday. DARE Arts is a non-profit organization that provides at risk youth from elementary schools across Toronto with an opportunity to have 10 classes in 10 different areas of the arts and then at the end they do a huge performance. It's a great program and the show they put together was amazing. On Wednesday I had a four hour tech meeting, and then I spent all of Wednesday night (until 5am) putting together slideshows for the performance. Oh yeah, I'm an iMovie genius now. Then I spent yesterday from 11am to 11pm at the church setting up, having a dress rehearsal and a performance.

It was so nice to be working on a show. I've never really done tech before so I was a little nervous. I am an onstage kind of gal. But it went really well. My dad was the technical producer and also the sound guy, so I ended up sitting beside him and giving him his cues as well as staying on top of mine. It was very necessary to have me there. Not to seem full of myself or anything, but he needed help. It just felt good to be there and it boosted my confidence in the whole world of theatre a little bit because for the first time last night I felt like I could do tech, be a stage manager, or act if I had the chance. I think next year I'm going to make it my goal to go to every audition possible. If I get anything, maybe the WRC takes a backseat for a while. Who knows.

So I still have no job and I'm taking the mennos on next week. Depending on how the conversation goes, I may not be returning to Menno camp. Many people have advised me not to return to Menno camp, and they're probably right. I just don't do well with dropping things that I've been doing for the last 15 years. It's really hard for me. Change is bad. And scary. I'm sending out a few resumes this week just to see if I can formulate a back up plan. That's probably a bad idea too since I can't make a decision to save my life. Ah well.

In other news, Tama did not get CSIed in Vegas, but the decision has been made that when she dies (whether it's an elaborate murder scheme or not) Jess and I will dramatically sing the CSI theme song at her funeral. Also, we will be forming a posse called the Box Brigade. We plan to take on assholes who sexually abuse or assault or harass women (or just generally treat them like shit) and beat the hell out of them with double headed dildos. Our first two victims will be Tama's ex Chris, and Steve's roommate Shane. We plan to tie them up and beat them and yell at them while wearing matching outfits. Then we'll go over to the next room, where our partners and men who treat women well will be waiting so we can tie them up and do sexy things to them... while wearing matching outfits. We figure it's the best way to bring balance back to the universe.

So yes, now it's a rainy rainy day, and I'm trying to stay happy. If anyone needs any beadwork or oddjobs, or English tutoring done I'm here and I'm willing! (For a small fee of course).

1 Comments:

Blogger Tederick said...

I will buy you a goddamned paddle!!!

11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home