No human emotion can be sustained indefinitely.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

where is my mind?

This morning I woke up, had a smoothie and read a book. It was a Holocaust book geared towards kids, like the ones I was obsessed with when I was ten. It was just about the perfect thing for a jobless lady like myself to engage in today. The rain and the text made me feel a little morbid and melancholy and sometimes I need to live in that place where all I can think of is black and white images of disembodied limbs floating in tubs of liquid and skin stretched thinly accross a skull. It's somewhere in my body that every once in a while I have to stop and be absorbed by these things. Like when we ate nothing but thin soup for three days on the cleanse and I knew I wouldn't be able to make if through a death march.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home